BIRD Aerosystems Ltd. has initiated offers for tailored leasing services of a special mission aircraft solution to be used for ground and maritime patrol missions.
The SMA solution supplied by BIRD is aimed at providing customers with a solution that can be deployed under a short schedule and can offer an intermediate solution for the ever increasing need for special mission systems.
The SMA solution will provide flexible services for the following operational requirements:
• Protect national EEZ (Exclusion Economical Zone)
• Maritime and costal surveillance
• Search & Rescue (SAR)
• Environmental Monitoring
• Fisheries monitoring and protection;
• Provide support in civil defense and other emergencies
• Monitoring of mass events
The aircraft will be installed with the following main sensors:
• Synthetic Aperture Radar – provides all-weather, wide-area surveillance to locate targets of interest and cross cues
• Electro-Optical and Infrared (EO/IR) – high resolution day and night imagery from substantial distances
• Mission Management System (MSIS) – BIRD’s unique C4I mission management system that provides a unified real time situational awareness
• Automatic Identification System(AIS)
• DATA LINK and SATCOM – transfer of real-time video and data
• Adaptive cabin configuration for special mission and personal transport
BIRD is a leading supplier of Special Mission Aircraft solutions including programs on fix wing and helicopters. The company combines in-depth knowledge of airborne operational requirements along with continuous innovations that thrives the development of new and advanced airborne products and solutions.
BIRD Aerosystems Ltd. is a privately owned company established in 2001 and based in Israel. BIRD specializes in providing Airborne Missile Self Protection Systems (AMPS) that protects military, civil and VIP aircraft against Man-Portable Air Defense Systems (MANPADS) and Airborne Surveillance, Information and Observation (ASIO) systems for Maritime and ground surveillance missions.
For more details, please contact:
Tel: +972-9-9725700 ext. 709
The NIMASA Deep Blue project has proved its efficiency as the International Bargaining Forum (IBF) has recently removed Nigeria from the list of countries designated as risk maritime nations
Following the delivery of its ASIO Maritime Task Force Solution to Nigeria, as part of the NIMASA Deep Blue Project, BIRD Aerosystems has completed a successful live demonstration of the ASIO aircraft capabilities, including real-time interception of vessels performing illegal activities at sea.
Israeli company BIRD Aerosystems, has completed the deliveries of additional AMPS systems, including the MACS – a Missile Approach Confirmation Sensor, and a provision of SPREOS – the Self Protection Radar Electro-Optic System DIRCM, for the Czech Air Force Mil Mi-17 military helicopters. The MACS is a semi-active confirmation radar that reduces the false alarm rate of the overall missile warning system. This program is part of a follow-up program with the Czech Air Force that has been protecting its helicopters with the AMPS system for the last 15 years and has deployed them in the most complex environments, such as Afghanistan.